- 2 x 400g cans of chickpeas (reserve the liquid and some chickpeas for decoration)
- 9 tbsp of the liquid from the chickpeas
- 5 tsp of tahini
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp crushed sea salt
- 7 tbsp good quality extra virgin olive oil
- 6-7 tbsp of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Paprika for decoration (optional)
- Coriander or parsley leaves for decoration (optional)
- Rince the chickpeas in cold water (keep some of the liquid and some of the chickpeas to one side). Put the chickpeas into a food processor, add the tahini, crushed garlic, salt, lemon juice and nine tablespoons of the reserved liquid from the can of chickpeas. Turn on the food processor and slowly pour in the oil while it runs.
- Check the mixture and add more oil or lemon as required to get the right consistency. Put into a serving dish, drizzle with some olive oil and decorate with some whole chickpeas. Sprinkle with paprika and coriander or parsley if you wish.