Creamy nut milk
- 110g of nuts, we use cashews or almonds or a mix of the both.
- 1 or 2 dates
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract/vanilla essence
- a pinch of salt
- 500ml of fresh water
- soak the nuts overnight in cold water.
- rinse the nuts in clean water.
- Put the nuts and 600ml of cold water into a blender or nutribullet, add 1 or 2 dates, the vanilla extract/vanilla essence and the salt and blend until smooth.
- Strain the milk using a nut bag or cheesecloth over a bowl or measuring jug. Squeeze/kneed the bag to get all the milk out.
- Put into a clean bottle and keep in fridge, it will last 3-4 days in the fridge.