Lovely mushroom soup.
- 2 handfuls of dried mushrooms, porcini, morel,
- 600g mixed mushrooms (chanterelles, shitake, oyster) clean and sliced
- 2 – 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 – 2 red onions, peeled and finely sliced
- 1 handful of fresh thyme, leaves only
- olive oil for cooking
- sea salt and pepper
- 500 ml of vegan stock
- 1 handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves only, roughly chopped
- small can of coconut cream
- Put the dried mushrooms into a container and add boiling water to cover, leave to soak for about 20 minutes. Heat a big pan and add olive oil and fresh mushrooms and stir very quickly for a few minutes. Add the garlic, red onion and thyme and a pinch of salt and pepper. You should see the moisture cooking out of the mushrooms, at this point add the dried mushrooms, half chopped up and half left whole. Strain the soaking liquid to remove any grit and then add the liquid to the pan. Cook for around 20 minutes until most of the liquid disappears.
- Season to taste and add your stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove half of the soup and mix into a purée and then add back to the pan. Add the parsley and the coconut cream and season again to taste.