Miso pasta bolognese
Tofu pasta sauce with miso paste for a lovely flavour.
- 2 cups of bolognese mix (contains carrots, leeks, celery & red pepper) or make your own based on these ingredients.
- 1 celery stick chopped
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 red onion
- 400g of cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup of red wine
- 100 g of mushrooms
- 2 tbsp of tomato paste
- 2 1/2 cups of ground tofu (we use Délicorn )
- 1/2 – 1 tbsp of miso paste (to taste, be careful as it is quite salty)
- pinch of salt and pepper
- a handful of sage, parsley, and basil
- Heat a frying pan and add a little oil, fry the bolognese mix, red onion, mushrooms, celery and garlic for 5 mins.
- Add the ground tofu and stir for a few minutes until fully mixed.
- Add the tomato paste, wine, cherry tomatoes, miso paste and some salt and pepper (if needed, taste to see) stir to mix together, turn the temp down and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Chop the herbs and add to the sauce, simmer for another 5 minutes and then serve over pasta.