An amazingly quick quiche.
– Pastry base, we buy a pre-made one but of course, you can make your own.
– 1 small head of broccoli chopped
– 200g of mushrooms
– 3 spring onions
– 1 red pepper
– 1 stick of celery
– 1 leek
– salt & pepper to taste
The cream filling
– 3/4 cup of cashew nuts, soaked for a minimum of 2 hours
– 1/4 cup of water
– 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
– 2 garlic cloves
– 1 tsp of onion powder
– juice from 1/2 a lemon
1. Fry the broccoli, leek, spring onions, pepper, mushrooms and the celery for about 5 mins.
2. While the veggies are frying, place all the cream filling ingredients in a high speed blender or a nutribullet and blend them all until they are smooth.
3. Combine the veggies and the cashew cream filling and place in the pastry case.
4. Bake at 180 degrees celsius for 35-45 mins or until the crust is cooked.