Chickpea and veggie Curry
A delicious creamy curry.
This one is for Stu, we hope you like it 😉
- 1 white onion
- 1 red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 inch of fresh ginger
- 1 leak
- 1 courgette
- 1/2 aubergine
- 1 red Pepper
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 tin of cherry tomatoes “pomodorini” (200g)
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1/2 jar of curry paste, hot, mild, you choose (not curry sauce, there is a big difference and the sauce is not vegan).
- 1 small tin of chickpeas (215g)
- 1 small tin of coconut cream “créme de Coco Thaï 165ml”
- big handful of fresh coriander
- Chop the onions and the veggies, crush the garlic and shred the ginger.
- Melt the teaspoon of coconut oil and put all the above in the pan and fry for about 5 minutes.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, curry paste, chickpeas and coconut cream to the pan and cook for about 20 minutes or till the veggies are cooked through, stirring occasionally to make sure it doesn’t stick to the pan and to move the flavours around. Add the fresh coriander when nearly ready and stir in.
- Serve with rice and pappadums.