mousse au chocolat
A perfect, mousse au chocolat.
- 200g of dark chocolate (anywhere between 50% and 80% depending on how rich you want it)
- 200 ml of Aquafaba (the juice from tinned chickpeas)
- 20 grams of sugar (you can add more if the chocolate percentage is higher)
- 1 to 2 tbsp of plant milk (I used coconut milk)
- orange zest from 1/2 an orange
- Melt the chocolate by Bringing about an inch of water to a simmer in your saucepan. Set a heatproof bowl in the mouth of the pot, making sure the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl. Stir chocolate occasionally once the chocolate has melted and one to two tablespoons of plant milk to make a sort of paste mix in the orange zest. Put to one side and let cool.
- whisk the aquafaba and the sugar together with a high speed whisk till it makes peaks and you can turn it upside down without it falling all over your floor 😉 ( it can take up to 15 minutes so be patient)
- once that is done and 2 tbsp of the aquafabe to the chocolate and mix till combined.
- Know you will want to very gently fold the aquafaba step by step into the chocolate.
- put it in some ramekin and place in the fridge for a minimum of 6 hours.